Thursday 3 April 2014

Return to Calshot

Climbing at Calshot is scary. Its more demanding,  the routes are harder, and sometimes it's a Struggle. And I love it. The routes are longer, but tonight was about taking it a little easy because of the increased frequency of climbs. After warming up with an easy 4 then a 4+, I sent a few 5s and 5+. I then, thanks to smearing and the encouragement of Chris I sent my first 6a at Calshot. Chris is grades above me on both his skill and technique, he pushed me. Climbing with someone who's better really does pay off. I sent a black 5 that i'd had issues with last time and struggle with due to reaching the final holds, but I found that I sent it easier tonight.


There was also a 5 on the far side of the centre wall that I sent. It was the highest I've climbed over here. (Marylands wall may be higher...Probably higher). It was awesome and great for stamina testing. I also got to rest at the top and look out into how big the velodrome is. Huge is the answer. It was a great route to send though. I also did a spot of leading too with Chris (we traded Belay all evening) and sent a couple 4+, a 5 and 5+.  

No comments:

Post a Comment