Tuesday 25 March 2014

New Routes! New Projects!

Tonight's climb time was 2 hours. SCC's Tuesday meet saw brand new routes! The route grades weren't up on the board yet though so it was a free for all considering I'm no route setter and would have no idea how to tell what grade a route was even if I identified its hardest move.

At first I was worried and apprehensive that I didn't know what I was going to be climbing, but then when I thought about it again, I didn't really mind. It made me less hesitant and I felt less pressured to live up to a grade or expectations that I set on myself. It was out of my safety zone and that was healthy to be put out of it, to not be safe and only try what I though I could or couldn't do. Based on my ability and ease on them I assumed they were around a 5/5+ with a few 4s.

It was a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment