Sunday 3 November 2013

Let's Climb

 Today was the first run of my La Sportivas. So after work I was on the train then walking the familiar 15 minute walk to St Marys Gym. 

I met Pareecha and we climbed. It was deserted. Just the two of us at the wall. I belayed and top roped. We traded for a while. I sent my first 5+ (French Numerical Grades) and we ventured up into the Bouldering room. Everything was bliss in my La Sportivas. It was so much easier to do anything and everything with them. 

I found I could stand on the smallest features, climb with so much more ease. Up into the bouldering room I tried a couple routes. A lot were way above my level so i decided to pick one and make it my project. It would be a grey route that had a traverse along the roof of the cave. I fell. A lot. But It was going to be my challenge. The holds were big with easy grip, they were spaced quite far apart in places, but I liked it.



No comments:

Post a Comment