Thursday 27 February 2014

Lead the way...

Thanks to the lovely Richard and Chris this evening consisted of around 3 hours climbing at Calshot. This meant that I spent the evening trading with Frank and Rhiannon on a few 4s, 5s and a couple 5+. Calshots routes are a lot higher than St Marys so they require a little more stamina and attention.

After a while Chris and Richard came over and asked if I wanted to lead climb with them. I obviously jumped at the opportunity and soon enough I was tied in, being spotted and clipping into a 4/5 rainbow route and a 5+ orange route. I don't know what it was, maybe adrenaline, but it felt awesome. I felt so good to complete the routes. So accomplishing. 

Calshot also has an awesome bouldering cave that's quite high. It sort of puts into perspective how small and limiting the traverse routes are at St Marys, but it's still my little home. Simple and Effective. So I wound down on the wall a little before we left for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment